Buscar

Club de Fans de Max Chilton

Club de Fans de Max Chilton

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

21/05/2014 16:12

Max Chilton @maxchilton

Re: Club de Fans de Max Chilton

Great fun at Top Gear Barbados today, alway fun having a small circuit to drift around. The new F-Type Jag is awesome

Fuente: https://twitter.com/maxchilton

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

21/05/2014 16:12

Max Chilton @maxchilton

Good thing Eddie didn't top this or the group of Green Monkeys in front may have become a angry living hazard.

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

21/05/2014 16:13

Max Chilton habla sobre Mónaco: "Es una experiencia fantástica de principio a fin"

La sexta cita del Mundial de F1 se disputará en Monte Carlo con el Gran Premio de Mónaco, donde el deporte llega a la rivera francesa para disputar el evento más prestigioso y glamuroso del año. En lo concerniente a Marussia, Jules Bianchi nació en la costa, en Niza, y la carrera de Mónaco es para el francés el evento de casa. También es la carrera en la que Max Chilton obtuvo su mejor resultado en la temporada pasada, por lo que el inglés esperará mejorarlo y extender su récord de carreras consecutivas terminadas.

Max Chilton (20º, sin puntos):

"Cerca de mi casa, en Silverstone, no hay mejor ambiente que el del Gran Premio de Mónaco. Quizás sea la carrera más exigente del calendario, pero al mismo tiempo, es una experiencia fantástica de principio a fin, y disfruto mucho de los retos únicos del trazado. El año pasado aseguré mi mejor resultado de la temporada, así que esta vez espero lo mismo, sino mejor. Tuvimos unos buenos test la semana pasada, y el progreso fue evidente. Aunque no esperamos que las hojas de tiempos sean las mismas que las de los test de Barcelona, por lo que podemos estar alentados es por el trabajo que hemos hecho para mejorar la configuración del coche, y ahora podemos trasladar esas mejoras durante los próximos eventos, para que nos ayude a dar el siguiente paso realista durante el transcurso de un fin de semana de competición".

Fuente: F1Aldía.com

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

22/05/2014 16:44

MEET THE MAN: MAX CHILTON

WE CATCH UP WITH THE F1 DRIVER IN HIS NATIVE REIGATE FOR A CHAT IN BETWEEN RACES.

We recently caught up with the rising star of Formula One, Max Chilton, to discuss his off-duty lifestyle and the man behind the wheel. In a photo shoot set in his hometown, we capture the F1 driver in his native Reigate. Max evokes the likeness of the legendary screen icon James Dean in Harrington-style jackets and classic tailoring. Reigate landscapes and locales provide an authentic backdrop to echo his off-track life.
Max has swiftly climbed the ranks in one of the most exclusive international sports on the planet. In 2013, Britain introduced its newest and youngest driver to the prestigious Grand Prix F1 circuit. He became the youngest rookie to complete every race in his opening season for Marussia and is currently in the midst of racing his second season. The worldwide racing circuit has him continent hopping for the majority of the year, but when he's not involved in rigorous training, travelling or racing he retires to his roots in the English countryside.

Max wears our Pima Cotton Polo Shirt.

Do you come back to Reigate very often?

Yeah I enjoy being at home, so I'll always come back. When you travel a lot there's nothing better than coming home. My brother, Tom, lived in Bournemouth for a bit, but he's moved back to Reigate to start his family. My whole family live around here. It's also a really practical place to live because I'm near Heathrow and always travelling. It's only 30 minutes to central London and if you fancy a trip to the coast it's not too far away.

What do you do to relax at home between races?

I like coming back to Reigate and just going out for dinner with friends. There are so many good restaurants here and to be honest I'm not one for going out. I like to see my friends as much as I can, which usually ends up being over dinner, at the pub or just relaxing at someone's house. Because of the training I have to do in my time off, I tend to be really tired and don't want to do anything too energetic.

Who are your mates?

They are mainly people I've known since I was young at school. We all live in the same area and have kept quite a close-knit group. My close friends are all non-racing. I obviously have a lot of friends in racing too as we spend so much time on the road travelling together.

Any hobbies to keep you busy at home?

I love golf. Although I have reduced my games a lot this year, so I've trained even harder and replaced golf with cycling.

Max wears out Polka Dot Print Zip Jacket.

What's your favourite Grand Prix city?

We have quite a few Grand Prix cities and they're all really different. Monaco always seemed the most exciting when I was young and watching it on TV. Now I am driving, it certainly doesn't disappoint. It's a favourite of mine as it's a great city and a great circuit. As a spectator, it is slightly more limited as to what you can see at the track, but it's lovely city because of where it's situated on the Colorado River.

What do you get up to while in Monaco?

To be honest, we spend most of our time in the garage or on track so don't see much of it. Only after the race do you get to relax and see that side of it. What I do like is that the spectators are so close to the circuit in Monaco. Last year the drivers took part in a charity fashion show in Monaco for the Nelson Mandela Children's charity. It was my first time walking a catwalk and so nerve wracking.

What's your least favourite Grand Prix track?

As a driver we get to go to so many amazing places but sometimes all you see is the garage and the track. That's often the case when the track is on outskirts of a city, but that's our job and what we are there to dowhich is still exciting. Japan, Tokyo and Osaka are also lovely cities which are interesting to explore in our down time, but the tracks are in very industrial areas where there's literally nothing to do.

Max wears our Slim Fit Indigo Print Shirt and Slim Wool Tonic Suit.

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

22/05/2014 16:46

Your brother Tom also races?

Yes, he races in the World Touring Cars, which are at the complete opposite end of the racing spectrum. Both F1 and World Touring Cars Championship (WTCC) are world championships but one is a car route and one is a single-seater route, which works out quite well because between us we're covering both sides of the sport.

Are you competitive?

Yes, very. We have never raced each other at our respective racing categories. I think if we got the chance to race each other it might create a bit of sibling rivalry, but thankfully it's not going to happen any time soon.

How did you both get into racing?

Tom started racing T cars, which is for 14-year-olds and leads straight into car racing. My family has always been into racing and cars. I was only eight at the time and the only thing I could race was go-karts. I went to my first test when I was nine, which is quite a late age to start, and raced go-karts for five years before moving up to T cars.

So was it your dad who got you into racing?

It was my brother who really got me into racing. I used to hang around the paddocks, smelling the fuel and watching the racing. That spurred me on to wanting to race go-karts.

How important is family and friends to keeping you grounded?

Very... I'm very lucky to have great family and very close friends who are so supportive of me.

Describe graduating to F-1 status.

Being able to follow in the footsteps of some of my heroes is something that I am proud of. My first season went so quickly, but I learnt so much from it. That feeling of my first Grand Prix race was just incredible. Now I am in my second season I am just working on improving race by race.

What draws you to racing?

It's the thrill of being in control at such high speeds and the adrenaline buzz you get. Your life is in your own hands and it's such a rare and unique thing to do.

If you couldn't do racing what would you be doing?

Even though I'm not good at drawing, I'm quiteinterested in design. I could also see myself possibly doing something in property development. I'd always to be my own boss whatever I did.

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

22/05/2014 16:48

I notice you're quite active on social media.

I'm not one for reading books or the news even though I like to keep up with current events. Twitter is great for news - it's on there before it's on the TV. It's also news that you wouldn't normally hear about. It's great for interacting with the fans. It's a part of sport now. You can't just be a sportsman and not do any sort of interaction with fans of the sport.

Because I travel a lot, I live on my phone. It's part of the world we live in - everyone can contact you no matter where you are. It's important for me to speak to my girlfriend and family every day.

Your Facebook page categorises you as an athlete. How physical is racing?

It's commonly known that most people don't think of racing as being physical. For people that don't know anything about racing, they assume you're just sat in a chair and steering just like driving on the road but it's actually very physical. Professional drivers have to be extremely fit to combat the G-force, the heat, the concentration, the fear of the speeds at which you're travelling. It's all those things combined that causes your heart rate to go through the roof. Your body is working overtime to cool it down.

What does your training consist of?

It's a really odd sport because you think you're able to practice any sport exactly the way you perform. Tennis players are out on the court six hours a day. Footballers are out practicing every day. Any sport I can think of allows the athletes to practice every day. What drivers do is very rare - we're hardly ever in the car apart from at race weekends. You can't practice driving. The best way to train is to get as fit as you can so it makes driving ease, so I do a lot of cycling and running. It helps you develop yourself on the track a bit quicker.

Any career long ambitions?

I'd obviously love to be a world champion, but it is important that I set myself realistic goals at the right times. Currently my goal is to get Marussia their first point and a top ten finish in the world championship. We are a new team so it is about building a team that can really compete with the more established ones.

I guess you have to rely on your team then.

It's a complete team sport. At the race weekend there can be anywhere from 60 to 80, but at the factory we have just over 200 - and we're the smallest team in the groups by a mile. Other teams have about six or seven hundred for two cars with roughly 250 people per car.

Any scary moments while racing?

There are plenty of moments where you're really close to something going wrong. It's obviously a risky sport, but your mind has this ability to kind of forget the dangerous moments. You get a massive adrenaline rush until your body realises what's happened. You're usually still in charge of the car and you just have to concentrate and move on.

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

22/05/2014 16:49

We hear you failed your driving test...

A lot of people think I failed my driving test the first time, but I actually passed. It was the practice test I took the week before that I failed. I got no minors, but I got one major for not knowing I was at the end of a one-way road. I wasn't going down it the wrong way or anything, but when I came to the end I pulled left instead of right to turn right. Apparently that's a major. But I passed the real one so and luckily that's all that matters.

What's the best part about your job?

The satisfaction of knowing you've run the perfect lap or the perfect race.

Fuente: http://www.jigsaw-online.com/blog/men/max-chilton.html

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

23/05/2014 13:04

Libres GP Mónaco 2014

En el equipo Marussia, Jules Bianchi y Max Chilton han temrinado el primer día de entrenamientos libres del Gran Premio de Mónaco en la 18ª y 19ª posición en la hoja de tiempos. Aunque la sesión matinal se desarrolló en seco, la lluvia apareció durante el parón de la comida, incluso cayó algo de granizo, algo que fue totalmente inesperado. Como consecuencia, al comienzo de la segunda tanda de pruebas, se requirió el compuesto intermedio para rodar en condiciones complicadas. No obstante, la pista mejoró en los últimos treinta minutos, en los que los pilotos de Marussia pudieron probar el compuesto blando y el superblando.

Max Chilton (22º y 19º):

"Ha sido un duro comienzo al fin de semana en Mónaco, sobre todo por la pérdida de tiempo en la sesión matinal. Esperábamos recuperar el tiempo por la tarde, pero la meteorología intervino y, cuando pudimos centrarnos en el programa en seco (todo el mundo estaba sacando provecho de la mejoría de condiciones), el tráfico fue un factor a tener en cuenta. Como nota positiva, parece que hemos continuado con el buen trabajo que hicimos en los test de Barcelona, y el coche parece estar rindiendo bien, por lo que mi fin de semana comenzará el sábado por la mañana con los Libres 3".

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

24/05/2014 18:36

Max Chilton: "P20 today, It was all about recovery after a imbalance in FP3. Feeling ready for the race tomorrow.
Love racing here!"

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

25/05/2014 16:39

GP Mónaco 2014. Max Chilton: "Estoy muy contento por cómo han ido las cosas"

El equipo Marussia ha dado un paso adelante en relación a la configuración y rendimiento del coche durante la clasificación en Mónaco, aunque el ritmo de los dos pilotos se vio ensombrecido por las banderas amarillas y el tráfico, lo que evitó que Jules Bianchi y Max Chilton desbloquearan su potencial. Por su parte, Bianchi tuvo una buena sesión de Libres 3 por la mañana, mientras que Chilton tuvo problemas de adherencia. Durante el parón antes de la clasificación, el equipo realizó algunos cambios, que ayudaron a que el inglés tuviera una mejor clasificación. Bianchi progresó durante el día, pero el medio segundo perdido durante la bandera amarilla le privaron de tratar de igualar el ritmo de los Sauber y de luchar por una plaza en la Q2.

Max Chilton (20º, 1:19.928):

"En comparación con los Libres 3, el coche mejoró mucho. Estoy muy contento por cómo han ido las cosas en la clasificación, para ser sincero. Si tenemos en cuenta todos los factores, creo que tenemos un buen coche para mañana, y podemos ser bastante optimistas para la carrera. Hemos visto algunos incidentes hoy que son un recordatorio de lo complicado que puede ser el circuito. Además, con las opciones de que salga un coche de seguridad, hay oportunidades para aprovechar, así que es importante que estemos preparados para sacar ventaja".

3 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

25/05/2014 20:16

GP Mónaco 2014. Carrera

Después de cuatro temporada y seis carreras de determinación, el equipo Marussia ha hecho historia y ha conseguido sumar sus primeros puntos en el Mundial tras el Gran Premio de Mónaco. En su carrera de casa, Jules Bianchi demostró tener un gran rendimiento y empujó para obtener el mejor resultado de su carrera. Finalmente, el francés cruzó la meta octavo pero, como arrastraba una sanción de cinco segundos, terminó noveno, lo que otorga dos puntos al equipo. Por su parte, Max Chilton también tuvo una buena carrera, ya que acabó en la decimocuarta posición después de salir 19º y, una vez más, suma una nueva carrera terminada y alcanza los 25 Grandes Premios terminados de forma consecutiva.

Max Chilton (14º):

"Estoy muy orgulloso de ser parte de algo tan especial hoy. Para un equipo pequeño, tener ese resultado, supone un enorme aliento para el futuro. Obviamente, tengo emociones mezcladas, ya que todo lo que me podía salir mal, me salió mal. Pero así es la competición y sé que tendré mi oportunidad algún día de sumar puntos para el equipo. Bien hecho a todos y, ahora, estoy muy motivado de cara a Montreal".

2 0

foxguilmon14

foxguilmon14

25/05/2014 20:44

Puede que Max no haya tenido el honor de dar a Marussia sus primeros puntos, pero al menos sigue terminando carreras Sip

Saludos de parte del Foxy F1 Team

2 0

progiyo

progiyo

25/05/2014 21:40

Vaya record de Max señores!!! De momentos creo que es al único que le prestaría el auto, ya que me lo traerá sin ningún rasguño.

2 0

MigCpp

MigCpp

25/05/2014 22:13

Hola, ¿alguien ha visto imágenes del toque de hoy de Max con Kimi al desdoblarse? No nos han querido poner imágenes del onboard y tampoco las ha conseguido nadie en la web Nope. No no no no. Saco de no.

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

26/05/2014 12:39

Di que sí, @Foxy... Al menos está logrando un récord personal :P ... Además, comparto la opinión de @Progiyo. A Chilton se le puede prestar el coche sin problemas... A otros como Pastor, lo dudo xD ...

@MigCpp, lamentablemente yo tampoco he encontrado el vídeo del toque. Lo que sí hay son las declaraciones de Kimi Räikkönen respecto al incidente, pero el vídeo no lo encuentro. De todas formas, seguiré buscando y, en el supuesto caso de que lo encuentre, lo pondré por aquí Guiño guiño. ...

¡Saludos!

2 0

MigCpp

MigCpp

26/05/2014 12:47

@LucaDoe
Gracias por contestar. Lo mismo digo si lo encuentro yo. Ya sabes lo que dicen: 'de lo que digan no te creas nada y de lo que veas la mitad'

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

27/05/2014 12:56

GP de Mónaco 2014: jornadas previas y jueves

Max Chilton se prepara para salir a la pista

El inglés se pone los guantes antes de subir al coche.

Max Chilton sale del túnel en Mónaco

El inglés completa su programa en los entrenamientos.

Imágenes de F1Aldía.com

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

27/05/2014 13:01

GP de Mónaco 2014: sábado

Max Chilton completa los últimos entrenamientos en Mónaco

El piloto de Marussia sigue teniendo un buen fin de semana.

Max Chilton acabó satisfecho con su clasificación

El inglés batió a sus rivales y se quedó cerca de Sauber.

Imágenes de F1Aldía.com

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

27/05/2014 13:05

GP de Mónaco 2014: domingo

Max Chilton tuvo una carrera más complicada

El inglés se vio afectado por el tráfico.

Max Chilton quedó 14º en Mónaco

El inglés ya suma 25 carreras terminadas de forma consecutiva.

Imágenes de F1Aldía.com

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

31/05/2014 16:19

Max Chilton

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

04/06/2014 15:43

GP Canadá 2014 - Previo.

Max Chilton: "Espero que podamos lograr un resultado aún más positivo en Montreal"

El equipo Marussia afronta el próximo Gran Premio de Canadá con muchas ganas, ya que todavía dura la resaca de los puntos cosechados en Mónaco. A pesar de que en la escudería de Banbury son realistas y no creen poder repetir el resultado del Principado en Montreal, el progreso es más que evidente, y tanto Max Chilton como Jules Bianchi harán todo lo posible por lograr un buen resultado en el circuito canadiense.

Max Chilton (19º, sin puntos):

"Estoy muy emocionado por el Gran Premio de Canadá. Tras unos test positivos en Bacelona y una muy buena clasificación en Mónaco, espero que podamos juntar todas las cosas positivas y lograr un resultado aún más positivo en Montreal. Estoy muy alentado por el trabajo que hemos hecho y por el progreso evidente que estamos haciendo con el coche. Creo que todo el equipo adora venir a Montreal; es un circuito genial para competir, y los aficionados son muy entusiastas. Después de un resultado de equipo tan exitoso en la última carrera, todo está siendo más ajetreado de lo normal. Estoy impaciente por volver a competir".

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

04/06/2014 15:48

Max Chilton: Good morning from Montréal! #F1

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

07/06/2014 16:54

GP Canadá 2014. Libres 1 y 2.

Sesión de entrenamiento muy diversa en el box de Marussia. Por un lado, Max Chilton se muestra satisfecho con el equilibrio del monoplaza y espera poder ser competitivo mañana durante la calificación. Por el contrario, Jules Bianchi ha tenido un día bastante frustrante, en la que ha perdido una valiosa jornada para poder hacer kilómetros en un circuito tan complicado como es el de Gilles Villeneuve. Marussia tiene como objetivo de cara a la calificación tener la máxima fiabilidad posible.

Max Chilton (20º y 18º):

"Estoy satisfecho con la posición en que he terminado el día. Creo que tenemos un buen coche, y en particular tuve una FP2 muy positiva. Conseguimos un buen ritmo con el coche en tandas largas en lo que parece ser que somos bastante competitivos, así que espero que podamos mantener este progreso mañana"

Fuente: Caranddriverthef1.com

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

07/06/2014 16:56

Max Chilton

Picture of the day thanks to @XPBImages #M4X

2 0

LucaDoe

LucaDoe

07/06/2014 17:03

Max Chilton

Such a awesome track here in Montréal! Had a productive afternoon and ended up P19. #F1 #M4X

2 0